Browse image gallery
The essential Live controller
Everything about making tracks in Ableton Live is made easier with Launchpad X’s quick, hands-on clip and scene launching and our most playable grid to date. Play your instruments and devices expressively with the 64 velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads, then never lose an idea with one-press Capture MIDI control. Launchpad X belongs on the desk of every Ableton Live music maker.
Launchpad X gives you everything you need right at your fingertips so you can spend less time clicking a mouse and more time making music. Never worry about being out of key – Dynamic Note and Scale modes let you easily play perfectly in-key basslines, melodies, chords and leads. Our most responsive velocity-sensitive pads with polyphonic aftertouch let you play your instruments dynamically and expressively. Step back from the screen, get hands-on and dive into your tracks.
Launchpad X - Sandunes Performance
Make it yours
Go deeper and get Launchpad X working the way you want. Use Novation Components to customise MIDI mappings, and control almost anything; four custom modes mean you can design how this essential grid controller works for you – you’re only limited by your imagination.
Take control of your performance
Essential performance controls are a single button-press away: stop, solo, mute, record arm and set your levels, pans and sends. Using Launchpad X is a simple as it gets, no drivers to install, just plug and perform.
The logical choice
With Live Loops and any Launchpad, you can activate cells to experiment with arrangement ideas, and record your performances. Cells can contain one-shots, loops, MIDI patterns and automation data, and can be dragged-and-dropped or recorded live into Logic’s tracks area, to build song arrangements quickly.Connecting Launchpad to Logic Pro
Launchpad X 2.0 firmware update
Explore new creative possibilities and get greater customisation with the 2.0 firmware update for Launchpad X. Keep creativity flowing with the Custom Mode keystroke widget and assign DAW shortcuts for a faster workflow and more intuitive creation. Go even bigger with 4 more Custom Modes slots; that’s 8 Custom Modes slots in total to get creative with.Download the 2.0 firmware update
- 64 Velocity Sensitive Pads with Polyphonic Aftertouch
- 16 Buttons
- 81 RGB LEDs
- USB-C Socket
- Kensington MiniSaver Slot
- USB bus powered
- Ableton Live Lite – quickly organise and arrange your sounds and start making tracks with this staple electronic-music-making software.
- AAS Session Bundle - Three synths for music makers, providing staple sounds for your tracks.
- XLN Addictive Keys – Access one of four virtual keyboards when you register your first piece of Novation or Focusrite hardware.
- Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette – High quality reverb and tape deck emulation plug-ins, to add some space or take your sound back to the golden age of cassette tapes.
- Softube Time and Tone bundle – made up of four of Softube's world class plug-ins: reverb, delay, an easy to use mastering tool and distortion.
- Ableton Live Lite is included
- If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 10 or greater to work with Launchpad. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchpad integration for InControl. Launchpad will also work as a standard MIDI controller.