The iconic grid instrument for Ableton Live.
If you use Ableton Live, you need a Launchpad. Its 8 x 8 grid has become ubiquitous with the evolution of electronic music, letting you launch clips, play drum racks and control your mixer, all while creating impressive lightshows.
Launchpad's 64 pads integrate immediately with Ableton Live. They're also lit by RGB LEDS, which match the colour of your clips - so you can see at a glance what clips are loaded, playing or recording.
As well as using your pads to launch clips and create entire songs, you can also use them to control your mixer: start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends.
Control Your Music Software
Launchpad integrates immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live, without any setup whatsoever. Just plug in and start making music.
Throw It in Your Bag
Launchpad is totally portable: lightweight, easy to pack and carry around, and fully USB bus powered - so there's no need for power sockets. You can also combine it with more Launchpads or other Launch products to build yourself a fully hands-on Ableton Live studio. Just add Launch Control, Launch Control XL or Launchkey.
Get Hands-On Control
Launch multiple clips at once, trigger scenes and navigate your Ableton Live session.
Control Ableton Live
Integrate immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live, without any setup whatsoever. Just plug in and start making music.
Focus On Your Music
All 64 RGB pads light up to match the colour of your clips in Ableton Live and you can see at a glance what’s loaded, playing and recording.
Play Drum Racks
Use the grid to play drums and samples with pads pre-mapped to Ableton Live's drum rack.
Mix From Your Grid
Start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends. The eight vertical rows of pads double up as stepped faders.
Create Eye-Catching Performances
Bright, colourful pads make the unit stand out just from USB power; on stage or when creating exciting Launchpad light show videos that are all over YouTube.
Throw It in Your Bag
Sleek, tough and lightweight, Launchpad is fully USB bus powered so you’ll never need to carry a power supply.
Build Your Own Creations
Use your Launchpad however you like with Max for Live. Turn it into a step sequencer, trigger videos from drum pads or use it to create just about anything you can imagine.
Build your perfect instrument
Combine more Launchpads or other Launch products to build yourself a fully hands-on Ableton Live studio, with Launch Control, Launch Control XL or Launchkey.
Make Music Straight Away
Comes with Ableton Live Lite, 1GB of royalty-free Loopmasters samples, Novation V Station and Bass Station VST and AU plug-ins.
What's in the Box?
- Orange USB cable
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Ableton Live Lite registration card
- English and French safety information sheet
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Novation V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- iOS 8, 7 - Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required (not included). Powered USB hub required for use with iOS devices (not included)
Launchpad is class compliant, so will work on any modern Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
Launchpad Tech Spec
Product Hardware Specifications
- 64 (8x8 grid) square RGB backlit buttons
- 8 round RGB backlit system buttons (assignable)
- 8 round RGB backlit function buttons (not assignable)
- Orange rubber base mat
- USB socket
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9.2 or greater to work with Launchpad. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchpad integration.
- Fully USB bus powered on Mac or PC. Powered USB hub and camera connection kit or USB camera adapter (not included) required for use with iOS devices
- 240mm (9.45”) width x 240mm (9.45”) depth x 25mm (0.98”) height