Focusrite is the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide. Our products, such as audio interfaces and synthesizers, are used by top performers and professional music studios. Combined with the Novation brand, we introduce a lot of new products each year to an already extensive portfolio and we are widely known and respected.
We are now looking for a Head of Product Management. You’ll be a top performer who blends creativity and product vision with solid execution, someone who will lead the delivery of our product vision, roadmap, strategy and execution, and continue to grow our products in compelling and innovative ways that ultimately grow company revenues.
As a Head within the product development division, you will lead a high-performing team, and manage the full lifecycle of a product line from market requirements to product release, including concept, scope, specifications, risk assessment, prioritisation, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance. This will require great management agility and insight to get the best from your team, and will involve significant cross-function interaction throughout the business to keep the rolling three year product roadmap on track. You’ll need top-notch communication and influencing skills, and have a thorough grounding in marketing, consumer analysis and product launch strategy.
You will deliver key information to the business in areas such as market viability assessment, customer profiling, competitive analysis, technology trending, strategy development, product vision and business case development. It’s not for the faint-hearted, but for the right person this is an exceptional opportunity in a vibrant and rapidly expanding industry.
- Lead high-performing team of Product Managers, taking responsibility for mentoring, developing and coaching to fulfil the potential of both the individuals and team.
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Compliance, Operations, and Sales/Marketing teams to build out the full business platform needed for success.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders to gather, synthesize and understand business requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Manage the full lifecycle of a product line from market requirements to product release
- Lead cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, including engineers, marketing, traffic, customer service and partners to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on specification.
- Create compelling presentations and supporting documents to facilitate communication across all teams.
- Balance schedule, scope and resource constraints while driving release milestones.
- Technical expertise and a passion for working alongside engineers and designers – both hardware and software.
- Big-picture thinking with the ability to create disciplined plans and roadmaps, with extreme care and attention to the details.
- Top class management skills enabling you to motivate, mentor, lead, participate, listen, take decisive action to execute and close and to make things happen; to develop and lead a team in the short and long term getting the very best from the mix of skills at hand.
- Appreciation and understanding of quantitative and analytical skills.
- Advanced, highly effective communication skills, with the ability to take abstract technical and business concepts and drive them into concrete and agreed-to specific requirements.
- Skill in articulating technical issues in terms of business risk.
- Ability to influence senior executives on innovative ideas and anticipate market need and appetite, and gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Independent problem-solving aptitude with the drive to do what it take to get things done.
- Understanding of market requirements and appetite to identify both product desirability and best route to market for new product.
Qualifications & Experience
- Hands-on experience with all parts of the product lifecycle.
- Deep understanding of business and customer use requirements and the ability to translate them into technical specifications.
- Strong project management skills; organisation, extremely high attention to detail, ability to manage multiple concurrent time-sensitive projects.
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management.