We are searching for an experienced QA Manager to ensure our products meet the high standards our customers expect. Reporting to the R&D Manager, you’ll be part of our product team designing and building new Focusrite and Novation products, and maintaining support for existing ones. You’ll be responsible for our QA approach, activities, processes and tools. Most importantly you'll manage and mentor our growing QA team, working with them to deliver robust test strategies and products.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced QA Manager with a product development background
- Expert in electronics, firmware and software testing techniques
- Able to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- A proven people manager - clear, supportive and diligent
- Passionate and knowledgeable about audio and music making!
We’re looking for significant experience both with QA and management. A degree in science or engineering is not essential, however the ability to demonstrate a rigorous, scientific approach is crucial. A track record of delivering high quality consumer electronics will help you stand out.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to step into a new role within a rapidly-growing development team. The aim of this role is to further establish and develop the development team within the company. The role includes managing and developing an internal development team responsible for systems including multilingual customer facing websites, ecommerce, software activation and deliver, customer databases, internal lookup systems and much more. The role also includes representing the team within the company and ensuring projects are managed, delivered and communicated to a high standard.
The ideal person for this role will be exceptionally organised, energetic and proactive. They must also have experience in people management. The company is fast-paced so adaptability and managing multiple high-intensity projects is key. The current team is social and geeky and proud of it!
- Line management of development team and multiple contractors
- Process and manage incoming work requests (bugs . feature requests and other outside project work) including the use of Kanban
- Project scoping, planning, management, documentation and reporting
- Future project road-mapping
- Resource planning including internal and external
- Customer engagement in project spec phases and progress communication
- Drive development process documentation
- Manage relationships with internal customers
- Reporting (project, monthly and performance)
- Budget control and reporting
Skills and experience
- Background in web and/or online system development (five years +)
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Experience in managing contractors and budgets
- Strong communication skills including process documentation and expectation management of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in taking small and large projects from a scoping phase through to implementation
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also help us maintain our portfolio, from iOS apps to the desktop (via DSP algorithms, VST plugins and web applications) - but don't worry, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them!
An ideal candidate would be:
- Experienced in audio, music and application software
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, platforms and operating systems (C++ and iOS experience essential, Windows, OS X, Cocoa and C# also desirable)
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
- Passionate about programming, music and sound
Come and help us build amazing apps!
This role assumes direct responsibility for the financial performance (both revenue and contribution) of the global Focusrite RedNet business. As the linchpin of the global RedNet team this individual will define and then implement, utilising the experience and passion of a wider team, the RedNet Sales and Marketing strategy, such that it achieves or exceeds the Sales plan.
- Develop and implement the global RedNet Sales & Marketing strategy
- Develop annual RedNet sales budgets with revenue and contribution
- Deliver or exceed the planned revenue and contribution
- Run and disseminate re-forecasts based on up-to-date information
- Drive Sales Managers and Product Specialists to secure RedNet sales through the sales channel
- Work with the Product Manager to propagate knowledge of the RedNet system throughout the organisation and sales channel
- Work with the Marcomms Category Manager to ensure an effective marketing strategy is devised and realised
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that the right mix of products is available in the right locations at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Sales and Marketing professional with 10+ years experience in selling to the Pro Audio / Broadcast / Live Sound / Post Production industries at a senior level
- Widely-recognized and trusted expert in these key industry sectors
- Proven Sales and Marketing track record
- Extensive contacts with key purchase decision makers in the industry
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues and overcome objections efficiently and diplomatically.
- Strong Pro Audio technical background
- Comfortable with regular international travel
If you don't see anything that quite suits your skill-set but you think we should know about you, especially if you have original and commercially viable product ideas (hard or software) or any other attribute you think we'd be mad to ignore, we want to hear from you. Submit a C.V. here which will be handed to the relevant person in your area of interest and if we think we can find space for you, one of our team will email you directly.